Old 02-28-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
TheRandomPotato

A bit late but here goes. Everyone is different, and it is also a factor how much alcohol has been consumed over how much time. Weeks, Months and Years and how much abuse the body has taken (organs, nerv system, brain etc...) I was drinking for about 10 years, i remember almost nothing from my 20's, being 32 now. I was between 15 to 20 beers every other day and 2 to 3 beers in between and i would rearly eat anything. I got sober just 3 months ago, and then had a relapse 2 days with 40 beers and a whiskey bottle, so my withdrawal started over. Some days are better some days are worse. I read that to minimize caffeine drinks such as Tea and Coffee might help ease the long term withdrawal. A friend i met on a AA forum told me the liver is intoxicated for about 20 weeks after you stop, hence a term called "Dry hangover". And as i am sure you well know that alcohol is not something to take lightly as this drug can basically kill you if you go cold turkey. But staying sober is the most important part on the path of recovery.