View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BHF

Just me speaking about me, but.... I personally have nothing against alcohol. Alcohol has never treated me unjustly. Beer commercials and different advertisements never really enticed me to drink alcohol. I liked alcohol. I liked it alot. If I drank alcohol again, I'm sure I'd like it again, even more.

I abused alcohol. I believe that some odd body and/or mental chemistry within me had a peculiar reaction when I introduced alcohol into my system. The majority of people can drink alcohol with little to no problems. If I wasn't a recovering alcoholic, I'm positive that I would drink alcohol. If it didn't have this perverse effect on me why would I not? Especially if I liked it?

Point is that I can not drink alcohol successfully, i.e. I can not drink alcohol and be successful in my life. When I try, I lose control. I have a choice today...don't drink alcohol. Alcohol was never good to me, nor bad. Alcohol allowed me to feel a certain way that I liked initially, then that feeling changed to the polar opposite. But that was my reaction to placing alcohol in my body. Alcohol is an inert object and I can't give it "power" in my head by thinking of it as good/bad, powerful/weak. It simply is. Today I know what effect the introduction of alcohol into my sytem will produce, therefore I choose not to drink.