Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lonelysad239

Its funny how I naive I was to this whole addiction thing. It seems like yesterday that I was laughing at one of my friends who was dating an addict. I didn't understand her hurt and pain.. how she became addicted to him just like he was addicted to his drugs. Now I am here, in the same situation. I now understand how she felt, how loved ones feel to lose the people they love. Its so hard to sit and watch someone kill themselves and ruin their lives. We can all admit, all these people, your husband/wife/daughter/son/boyfriend are good people who just ****** up. I used to look at these people like "low lives" and "junkies" but this experience has changed me. I look at these people as sick, who have a chronic progressive disease. My mother has heart disease.. it will never be cured, just like addiction. Everyday she needs to take medication, she needs to eat healthy, she needs to exercise, CHANGE HER LIFE or she will DIE. Maybe that's why we are all here, all dealing with this horror! To open other peoples lives and change our lives.. and feel so blessed that we don't have this disease and we don't have to suffer. I will let my exabf's addiction go as far down as he will take it, you know why? because he is in charge of his life and his destiny. Lets change the world together..

I feel blessed to be on this forum and have all these people pouring out their hearts with anguish, despair and heartache.. maybe sometimes happiness and relief.

Our lives are short, lets live to the fullest.