View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Colton
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Cool Alcohol = Poison

I was doing some thinking...

It is absolutely amazing how inaccurate society's perception of alcohol is. Society dresses it up nicely, packages it to be pretty looking and dilutes the alcohol with plenty of water, sugar and various other flavorings.

But when you really think about...when you REALLY think about it. Alcohol is a poison. Ethanol is it's chemical name. It is a poison. I have been trying to get in good shape and gain muscle plus lose fat...alcohol is empty calories, it raises estrogen and lowers testosterone, it decreases human growth hormone, it dehydrates, it messes up the electrolytes, it messes with appetite, it depletes the body of vitamins and it makes you do stupid things. It's not good fitness or health. When you wake up in the morning as pale as a ghost with a raging headache and bloodshot eyes...you've just been poisoned. The throwing up is another clue...your body is trying to get rid of a poison. You can die from alcohol in a long term fashion by organ damage, heart disease, stroke and pancreas problems. You can die short term if you OD on it or if you are very addicted physically and suddenly stop...not to mention that numerous accidents it causes.

Ever tasted vodka? It BURNs...tastes horrible. That's only 40% alcohol...try Everclear...burns even more. There is a reason it burns and that is because it is damaging tissue...much like an acid. Do you want acid flowing in your blood and in your brain? Alcohol is not anything that we should be putting in our bodies.

They say alcohol is a drug. That's being too nice. Alcohol is a poison. If one was to drink acetone or paint thinner or gasoline...I guess you could call these drugs because the user would become intoxicated and would experience a sort of high. I put alcohol in the same category as paint thinner.

Even for people who are non-alcoholics, is alcohol ever a smart decision? To pay too much money for a drink and then (often) drive on one or two drinks? Is regular human being ever going to regret avoiding alcohol?

We all need to be happy. We need to enjoy our indulges and relax every now and again...putting poison in your body is not the answer. And why did we ever think it was the answer?