Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
How would you sum up the difference in a Beast's position when using you, we and I? I get the impression it uses them in that order. I.e. "you" is subtle but if you resist that, "we" are in it together. Failing that it poses as me and uses "I".
"I" is the default for the Addictive Voice, as in "I want a drink." This is where most people linger, prior to ever recognizing the AV, and prior to separation. In this state, they are one with the Beast, and believe that what the Beast wants is what they themselves want.

After one makes a Big Plan, though, the I/It split occurs, and the Beast has a little problem, since the conscious "I" no longer drinks. At that point, the AV will start to address you in the second person, or try to coax you with the third person plural, as in "we deserve a drink," or "let's get a drink."

(If anyone doubts whether there is actually a second persona in there, ask yourself what all this "we", "let's", and "you" business is about. Isn't it a little strange to talk to yourself that way?)

Of course, addressing you in the second person ("you") is not very conspicuous, since the Beast's cover is essentially blown. This is why I said it was significant. The split has obviously occurred at that point, and the Beast is on the defensive. It isn't surprising that the AV will try to fall back to "we" and the default state of "I" that existed prior to separation, though. The AV has been using "I" the longest, after all.