Old 12-31-2011, 03:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
goatsontrial

Originally Posted by GeoffG View Post
I have been on suboxone for close to 2 years. When I first started I was taking 8mg's a day and after a few months dropped to 4, then 2, and then began dosing at 2 every other day. Then I ran into financial trouble and it became hard to keep paying to obtain the suboxone "legally", so I began buying it from a friend that went to a doctor. I then quit skipping days, but lowered my daily dose to about .5-1mg a day. I am now undergoing marital problems and other stress factors and want to go back to a life where i am not dependent on ANY substances.

I was planning on just quitting cold turkey but still find myself struggling with being able to do everyday things like work, school, etc., while feeling miserable due to the w/d symptoms so I am trying to make this as easy as I possible can and was wondering if there are any tips or anything else I should know to help. I realize that its not just going to go away but do not know where to go from here.

Today I split an 8mg pill into 16 pieces and am going to start dosing myself every other day,then skip 2 days, then three, and so on....I am out of options and i need to get off of it for the sake of my marriage, and more importantly my well being.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hey man. I definitely do have experience with the subs, I have been a pill head 10 plus years, opiates being my staple drug with pretty occassional benzos. in 2007 I went to a sub clinic for 1 1/2 years on 16mgs. a day the whole time.....wrecked my only vehicle, etc. couldn't afford to go back....forced into DT's. They sucked! I lost my job due to how bad my performance and attendance was.
I stayed quit for several months, long story short, I'm in the hospital being cut open hooked up to morphine and relapsed.
This time I thought ahead, my wife has a medical card, so I send her back to the suboxone clinic, this will save me the expense of the actual medicine ($1). My wife is also as bad as I am. She has been going back for 2 years, and this time we have split the subs, so I have been taking 8mg. a day for 2 years, then about 5 months ago, I cut 'em in half to 4mgs. which is about the time my wife and I called it quits, but we did reach a mutual agreement, with the subs....so I wouldn't lose my job.
I never went less than 4mgs a day. Anyways, I am on the 6th day cold turkey. I don't want to be a slave to them anymore, I'm tired of busting my ass at work, just to be able to afford a drug that helps me bust my ass at work. I'm sick of it all.
I managed to talk my supervisor into laying me off! Knowing the sickness was in the mail. I really don't understand how I'm doing so good. but I will tell you what I'm doing.
I wake up, drink coffee, smoke, drink coffee, smoke, bitch a little, yesterday I even went on a 4 hour hike up a 750ft. hill. I'm taking immodium bout 4 a day, I'm taking NSAID about 4 a day. I have to stretch quite a bit. tonight is the first time, I haven't slept good though......2 hours, I knocked my 2 year old son off of the couch, couldn't go back to sleep, but you know my dad hasn't ever smoked, drank, or took any drugs....and sometimes he doesn't sleep good, maybe that's life. I will admit it's an emotional rollercoaster, but when that coaster seems like it's NOT so overwhelming, you're just living life the right way.
I think so many opiate users want to know how long until they feel normal again, but by normal, I think they seem to think normal is equivilent to being high on opiates.....that is not normal. that is high on drugs...lol.
well, I just read your post, I empathized for you.....I don't have it all figured out by no means, I really don't ever want to go back. I think the main thing that has helped me, has been separating from my wife, staying away from other fiends....Jesus, I don't need to hear their conscience crying for drugs along with my own.
oh yeah, I drink a few glasses of water at night time, to lube up my joints, carry oxygen to my muscles, and **** out all the day's impurities....sodas, coffee etc. trying to eat healthier when I do eat.
good luck to ya, and to me both!