View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Programmatic
Programmaddict

If I were to answer the one sentence question that is thread title then the answer would be "Yes".

I, personally, always maintained some standards to the quality of alcohol I would drink. High gravity craft beer only. Why drink 3 or 4 pisswaters when I can drink one tasty beverage to the same effect? Same for wine although I would settle for cheap wine because the alcohol content was similar regardless of quality. As for liquor, pretty much anything was fair game but I still enforced quality standards. Vodka was always a favorite because it mixed so well and the good stuff is very close to flavor-less. Better vodka does result in less hangover, that's a fact. I would only drink potato vodkas of which there may only be 1 to 3 available on any given shelf.

That said, I spent an incredible amount of money on my alcoholism. It still boggles my mind to think about it.

I never reached the point that I didn't care about the quality of the alcohol nor did I ever convince myself you couldn't smell it on me because I drank good vodka. I certainly never found the point where I had enough, though. I also witnessed close loved ones do the things I never did listed above.