View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
hopingandcoping

Hi, I'm new to this and running out of hope. am in love with a bipolar alcoholic and am reaching for help. My girlfriend of 2 years (off and on) is bipolar according to her family members. I have been told from very reliable sources that she was diagnosed with this many years ago. She will not admit she has a problem, and to top it all off she is also an alcoholic. I have been there with/for her and have tried to talk to her several times about our relationship and possibly seeking help. I think i have become nothing more than a convenience and an enabler. I have always thought I was a strong person (mentally/emotionally). I have finally come to grips with the fact I am weekened to the point of codependency. I love this girl so much I want to stick with her to the end in hopes of someday having a "normal" loving relationship with her. I'm losing hope because she is finally almost pushed me completely out of her life. She says al she wants in her life is to go out and have fun. I'll have to admit she is a very attrctive woman and is always the life of the party....and not always in a good way. We live in a smaller town where she has plenty of people that support her irrational behavior and will be quick to give her bad advice. Please, if anyone has any advice, please share with me..???