Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CanUbelieveIT

Wow, your situation sounds eerily similar to what mine was a couple years back.

Now, I don't want to scare you, but being on Sub for such an extended period of time (2yrs, which was the exact case for me too) you NEED to be prepared mentally more than any thing else. And as I see you're going through some rough times on top of wanting to kick the Sub, the added stress may be the factor that could push you over the edge of sanity during this time of 'detox'.

I cannot stress this enough, your mental health is what is going to get hit the hardest during this time. I don't care what others may think, but if there's anyway that you could get your hands on some Benzos so sleep (as little as it may be) can be possible, that can and will be the game changer.

Insomnia is what sent me over the edge a couple years ago. I ended up in a psych ward for 2 weeks with limited recollection...I was broke completely mentally...

I didn't take the time to read through everyone else's reply to your post, so if I'm repeating anything anyone else said, I'm sorry. But please, insomnia is going to be a killer.

But it can be done, I did it, and was in the exact same situation as you, and I'm 100% sure that if I was able to get at least SOME sleep, I would have made it out just fine.

Good luck, and my thoughts are with you, friend.