Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chained

Succeeded in similar situation

I too was taking Suboxone for about a year and a half. The last six months, I had switched from the pill form to the strips and was down to 2mg. I did the every other day plan too to try and get off of them. My doctor had suggested that I take two months to get off of it, each week using less and less of the strip. Now I don't know if this made a difference, but I ended up being prescribed T-3s for an ear infection. I waited two days between stopping the Subs and starting the T-3s. I took those as prescribed, using less and less each day until I ran out and that was the end of that. I have to admit that I was emotionally off kilter for a month or two, but no physical WDs what-so-ever.
Depending on where you are living, the strips do tend to be more expensive, but the drug reps are really trying to get them out there so I received one box free and the rest at a significantly reduced rate with a card the reps give the docs to give to patients.
Ultimately I got off of the Suboxone and T-3's over the course of a week and a half. So there is one crazy possible solution for you.