View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
what happened the LAST time you let go and got drunk? or the time before that? was it FUN? memorable?

see the big diff here is....new years eve, birthdays, holidays...for those "normal/non problem" drinkers, it's about the EVENT, not that the event is yet another chance to drink. in YOUR mind, it IS about drinking, it's ALL about drinking. you have a hard time imagined NOT drinking.

and to be honest, i doubt the other people are THAT worried about the party being spoiled is YOU don't drink. that's just your head talking. in reality, people don't spend that much time thinking about us as we'd like to believe!

if you choose not to drink, then it's thanks but no thanks, period. if you choose not to drink and you are uncomfortable around others who do, then don't go. the party will go on without you and the world will not end if you sit out a function or two.
The problem is that I have had many memorable/fun times drinking. I can look back and think of many things I did while drinking that I regret, but I can also look back and think of many times that were fun. I try to stay focused on the negative times so that I won't go back to drinking. But it's easy to let the good memories slip in.