View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MemphisBlues

The paradox of benzo use is that when benzodiazepine is removed, the anxiety comes back heavier, far more intense. It's all part of the brain rewiring, neurons incapable of absorbing the natural neurotransmitters which benzo replace.

But the brain does rewire with time. For me, taking an equivalent dose of Klonopin that was 400 milligrams of Valium, it took six months before I could walk around the hood.

Xanax equivalency to Valium at six milligrams of Xanax is about 120 milligrams, so I suspect your withdrawal will not be as hard as mine.

My list of symptoms would fill a book. It wasn't until 10 months or so that I actually had some days of normality. And, of course, I washed the benzos down with beer.

Check out some of the benzo withdrawal support forums, such as benzobuddies.com and benzo.org. Don't freak out by some of the stories. Everyone's experience is unique.

I really hope you are in touch with a doctor versed in benzo addiction and withdrawal. It could make all the difference in the world.