Old 11-18-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GeoffG

Any advice or tips on getting off of suboxone?

I have been on suboxone for close to 2 years. When I first started I was taking 8mg's a day and after a few months dropped to 4, then 2, and then began dosing at 2 every other day. Then I ran into financial trouble and it became hard to keep paying to obtain the suboxone "legally", so I began buying it from a friend that went to a doctor. I then quit skipping days, but lowered my daily dose to about .5-1mg a day. I am now undergoing marital problems and other stress factors and want to go back to a life where i am not dependent on ANY substances.

I was planning on just quitting cold turkey but still find myself struggling with being able to do everyday things like work, school, etc., while feeling miserable due to the w/d symptoms so I am trying to make this as easy as I possible can and was wondering if there are any tips or anything else I should know to help. I realize that its not just going to go away but do not know where to go from here.

Today I split an 8mg pill into 16 pieces and am going to start dosing myself every other day,then skip 2 days, then three, and so on....I am out of options and i need to get off of it for the sake of my marriage, and more importantly my well being.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.