Old 11-17-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Feeblemind

truth is a problematic qualification.
the drunken rantings that i have been called to explain or the ones i've been privy to from family members or close friends usually fall into a catagory i like to call
"things we think and donot say"
sometimes when inebrieated we can open up about some of the issues that are dwelling inside of us. something like " i wish my girlfriend would be more attentive to my needs" although this statement when not processed through our interpersonal checkers comes out more like "If you would get your head out of your *** i wouldn't be so miserable all the time". to decipher drunking rantings is about on par with finding the truth in a madmans wall scribbilings. most times when we rant we are responding to emotions that we are in no state to understand or relate to another person. espessically complex emotion chains like frusteration or jelosy. there are sometimes that when inebrieated our own self regulators shut down leading to thought processes that are completely false. when we regain our faculties we tend to realize that skewed logic sent us down the wrong path. (i.e the inital thought of "my parents didn't love me enough" can send us ending up at "and thats why america is going to fall apart like ancient rome" the logic used to leap between those is clear and orderly in our minds at the time but i've never been able to recreate how i can get from point a to point b.)
A note on your post though, drinking in no way gives anyone a pass for how they treat others. to know exactly where the roots of his comments lie, is almost irrelavant to the behavioral issue at hand. to exact the real meaning behind this try taperecording the rantings and asking for clarification, although from the jist of your post i'd say a healthy bondary should be set up so you dont have to endure unneccicary emotional abuse.(if he cant articulate why he is mad in a healthy and productive way, it is unlikely that you going threw the experience is ultimately helping the situation)
good luck with this and sorry about my spelling