View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sooners
Oxy Fighter

Question Day one getting of oxycodone

I was going to wait until reading week, so that I could have a week off to do this. This past week has been difficult on me, as my body is getting used to the prescribed 3 X 20 mg oxycodone IR a day and I am getting to where I can't function when I get up in the morning until I take a pill and I am finding the pills only last 2-3 hours at most, which is telling me I am building a tolerance to it. The past three days I have gone up on my medication, taking 90 mg - 100 mg a day instead of the prescribed 60 MG a day.

I can't wait until reading week any longer. I need to start now, with living in Canada, we have a Thanksgiving holiday on Monday so I have no classes and one of my professors is going to be gone on Thursday, so I have no classes, I think it is in my best interest to start now and not wait for reading week. I have two classes this week, but I am just going to have to miss them.

Day 1 I slept most the day up till 7:00 p.m. When I got up I started having panic attacks and I was able to talk my way down from them. I have a prescription for xanax that a rarely use, because I have been able to control my panic attacks with Paxil, but I had to take 2 mg of xanax and do some breathing exercises to get myself calmed down. I was able to get up and get something small to eat and ended up taking two more 0.5 xanax. My body hurts, I have a horrible headache and I am depressed to say the least.

I was hoping the xanax would put me back to sleep. I don't use them very often, so I thought by taking a total of 3 mg of xanax it would help me go back to sleep, but it has not. I tried going back to sleep around 1:00 a.m. and I thought I would be able to, but the RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) kicked in and no matter how I turned in bed I could not get rid of it. When I got back up from bed I had noticed I was also experiencing the RLS in my arms and it didn't matter what I did, I could not stop it.

Does anyone know what I can do for RLS?? I ate three bananas, but they didn't do anything.

It is now 4:00 a.m. in the morning and I had to break down. I promise I want OFF these horrible pills (Oxycodone IR) and I was use to taking anywhere from a minimum of 60 mg to 100 mg a day. I have heard it is not worth it to tapper off, as it prolongs the misery, but I had to use a pill cutter and take 10 mg of oxycodone in hopes it would at least give me a break on the RLS for the night. I swear I have NO INTENTIONS of using this crap again, but I have to get some sleep and the minute I lay down, my legs send shock waves through them and I am kicking my legs in bed, turning every 5 minutes and then have to get up. It has been 15 minutes since I took the 10 mg Oxycodone and I am already starting to feel the RLS simmer down and I am hoping I can go to bed now. My bowls are starting make noises and I can only expect they will be letting me have it in the morning.

How long until the RLS stops?? If I am usually on a dose of 60 mg - 100 mg of oxycodone IR a day, do you think it would be possible to just take 10 mg of oxycodone at bed time so I don't have to deal with the RLS while my body gets used to only having 10 mg in it's systems instead of 60 mg -100 mg a day and once I am over the worst of this withdrawal, then start to work on the 10 mg oxycodone before bed? I was surprised after not taking anything on the first day that my worst effects were panic attacks, sad feelings, depression etc. I was expecting to vomit, diarrhea, back pain just to name a few. I know my bowls probably won't let go until day 2, but I feel I can do this and not just for myself, but for my wife, son, church and extended family.

If anyone has any advice on dealing with the RLS in a way that I do not have to take a small dose of Oxycodone (10 mg) before bed, please let me know, as if I can find a way to deal with the RLS without having to take a small dose of Oxycodone I believe I can be completely clean by weeks end

Thanks for any help and God Bless