View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Spica

Sorry about the links - if you type "Post Acute Withdrawal Symptom" into Google, ***** (insert your favorite search engine here) a bunch of great articles come up.

Some are better than others - while some just outline the symptoms other pages give suggestions for nutrition and relaxation. Don't let the time frames scare you - it seems that some of them can make the PAWS process sound scarier than it really is. I have been hanging with some recovering addicts that made my usage look like a walk in the park and they are three and four years clean and healthy and happy and all made it through detox and PAWS just fine - not to say there aren't bad days - but they quickly become fewer and farther between.

One thing that has helped me is forcing myself to walk a few blocks in the evening. This is a far cry from the 12 mile power bike rides I used to take every night before the oxy took over but every little bit of excercise helps - even if it is just a few push ups off the floor.

We are lucky to be living in the information age where this information is readily available to us. For me, I feel I have a fighting chance if I understand what I am going through. The people on this forum saved my behind when I was scared and sick and not quite sure I was going to make it through.

22 days off of the OXY road trip from hell and feelin' better every day!!!