View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FT

Hi twilli59,

Good luck on getting through the next few days. It CAN be done. While you are feeling horrible, time passes very slowly. A week detoxing feels like a month. Hell, a day feels like a week. Especially when you can't sleep.

I can't believe that just 8 months ago I was feeling just like you are now. What's weird is you tend to remember the good way the drugs made you feel, forgetting how sick you got because you took them.

I truly fear opiates now. I don't want to go through what you are going through ever again. I've never experienced anything like withdrawal before, and I can't believe a drug can hook you so fast and make it so difficult to stop taking it.

You might find a home on the substance abuse forum. There are a number of people there doing different methods of recovery, and it is a much more active forum if you like a lot of feedback. Prepare to have a thick skin, however, as a lot of posters are opinionated. Having said that, you get a lot of support at the same time.

After all, the end goal for all of us is to free ourselves of drugs that control our every move, down to the tiniest, most intimate details of our lives. For me, I didn't want one drug replacing another, and I definitely wanted the constant doctor visits out of my life.

Again, good luck!

Ft