View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
chelsey00

Originally Posted by LetGoOrBeDragd View Post
I have a friend with a similar story. She decided she would stay w/ AB. Because be was a "recovering" heroin addict. Except he wasn't committed to a program and his family had enough. But hers hadn't!

They took him in, they understood him and made sure that when he effed up, he had a loving and supportive place to go. She adored him!

A few weeks ago she woke up in the morning and found him dead on the bathroom floor. Heroin overdose, of course.

He felt consequences from his family, but not from her and hers. She supported him when he didn't have a job and let him live her instead of being homeless. What reason did he have to change? No reason at all. He was 28.

It's hard for non-addicts to understand that you could really love someone into the grave.

Please take care of yourself- Alanon, Narconon, and the Melody Beattie books are life-savers.
This is what I am worried about most. I can't help but feel like if I leave him, he will go into a deep depression and OD and die. I know I will feel guilty about it and I don't want anything to happen to him. Its a really messed up cycle.