View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
twilli59

Suboxone/Kratom - confusion!

Hi all. Quick background - first rehab for alcohol and cocaine in '07. Sober 1-3 months, drink...repeat for a year or so. Discovered Kratom as a way to combat the extreme social anxiety that was one of the things that drove me to drink alcoholically in the first place - it surfaced after traumatic divorce - and begin daily Kratom use in '08. Mixed it with benzos usually. Spent 2 years on that plan actually believing in my addict head that it was better than what I was doing before. A doc gave me suboxone for kratom withdrawal last Sept. I'm not a heavyweight opiate user, but I have done them whenever I could in the past and had some heavy extended exposure to IV opiates during surgeries. Subs for Kratom is a joke to some, but that's where I ended up. NOW - a year into the subs and can't seem to get below 1 mg without getting so irritable and restless I can't even work. I have klonopin but use it sparingly. I just started Wellbutrin a week ago. I'm starting to think Kratom would be easier to get off of than subs. My brain is saying - "buy some Kratom, stop the subs, use the kratom to taper and end this BS!" Am i thinking straight or is the squirrel just running the show? Thanks.