Old 08-11-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
micealc

As has been said already,every one of us is Different and have to do different things to get better.
I lost the Mental obsession for Alcohol as well as Drugs by attending AA, and it did not happen over night.The obsessions left somehow and then turned into other things,which I am now dealing with as they belonged to my past,but were affecting me in the Present..
Those things are/were,Anger,Rage,control,attachments,etc.

I could never make any sense of all this......as I had done my Step 4 and Five to the Best of my Ability........and I still remained anxious and in pain.

Someone at one of the AA meetings said I may need to go to ACA.
I did not know what this was until I checked it out.
I got the Laundry List and Problem+ the solution, and It all made sense.
I was Parented by Dysfunctional Adults who depended on Drink and Tranqualisers to Relax themselves...............as a child and young adult I would not have Knowen this.........therefore to cope with life I needed to do what they did.........so I became an Addict........and needed sedation to cope with life as well.

This is/was the Root Cause of my addictions,so to get well I needed to Re Parent Myself.
What a Journey I have been on for the Past couple of years...........Re Parenting my Inner Child.
There is much more about this ACA Program on this and other sites.Good Luck to you.