Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
danielleinto

Boleo, I re-read your reply today. I'd asked my husband this question yesterday and he couldn't answer it. I told him today that I'd asked it here and if he wanted to hear the reply. I read him your reply because it's so simple - change the way you act. It makes so much sense. I've been to alot of counselling over the years and it all comes down to that. I've been told to fake it and go through the motions and it would eventually become real and it's true. I did get each time that a change in attitude is what I needed to grasp what I was figuring out in counselling. You can't put anything you learn into practice until you do it.

Anyway, i asked my husband if he wanted to hear your reply and he did. He was interested and not humouring me. There was still no eye contact but he heard what you said.

I came to this site to learn how to deal with the anger in me. Detached and angry isn't a good thing. My dad was an alcoholic, my husband is and I suffer from mental illness so it was all here on this forum. Reading the posts on this board written by people who are alcoholics is teaching me compassion. Being detached but compassionate I think is going to fix this anger.