View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lightseeker

Mayer,

there were a lot of times that I was tempted to show my husband my posts and the responses that I received. I never did though and I was glad that I retained my privacy here. I needed this place as a support where I knew that I could let me hair down and be completely honest. He did know that I turned to this forum (and he used to make fun of me for it....) though he never actually signed on.

When I really looked at my motives in wanting to share my postings it was to manipulate the situation - make my points, scare him into better decisions, etc. What I've learned in recovery is that the best way - and only way - was to keep my hands off of him and his choices.

It is your call though. You know your situation best.....The great thing about SR is that you will alway find people that care, have lots of experience, strength, and hope and will be supportive no matter what your choices are...... I made choices that everyone recommended that I not make but I'm still here....part of this group and grateful for it. No one turned their back on me for choosing my own path. And they've certainly been here when I've needed their support as my story unfolded.

It's good that you both are getting help....the learning curve is steep at first but the more you learn and the more information you get the better able you are to deal with the circumstances.