View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MLN

I understand what you are going through. I'm supposed to be getting married in 3 weeks, and my fiance is a recovering (?) opiate addict. It's hell. The breach of trust is the worst part. He has looked me in the eyes and lied many times. He's spent thousands of dollars on pills while i struggled to pay our bills and took on his debt so his credit didn't get destroyed. At the moment i'm pretty sure he's out buying pills and i'm trying to remember i can't control what he chooses to do. i'm in no place to give advice since i am going through the same thing. It's hard when they do want things to get better because things aren't so black and white. If my fiance had no interest in getting better, i'd leave. but he does want to, hes been going to NA several nights a week, he's been suffering through withdraws..then slipping up and suffering again. i know how hard it is, you love him and think of all the good years and want it to go back to how it was. im still hoping that's possible but some days i'm not so sure.

about showing him the post, ive told my fiance that i've posted on here, i doubt hes looked but i wanted to be honest. i think they know the damage they have caused but in the early stages of trying to get into recovery, it can be over whelming for them to really see the damage they've done to the people they love. i tried to talk to my fiance this afternoon about how scared i was for the future and he really didn't handle it well.

good luck, i hope things work out for you and your fiance.