View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
newby1961
Trudging that road.

Talking Stay Strong

and Welcome to SR,

I am shocked to read about the Alanon group putting you in a room to listen to tapes while they do steps Do find another group soon. You need support to stay strong through this, and so you won't go back.

My ex was a drunk and a cheater at least the last few years but, I might add I was off doing my own thing w/other substances so it is a bit different in some ways,but I wasn't involved w/anyone else.

Whats not different is the pain I felt when I found out he was doing my upstairs neighbor, and for awhile they tried to make me think it was all me imagining stuff. All I can say is trust your gut it will never, ever, lie to you.

I think it takes great courage to walk away so I for one want to give you a

All I can tell you is it gets better with time I have had it happen more than once with two different guys, so I have been sober and single now a little over 7 years. I have actually been single a little over 10 years. Now I am facing a fear that something is wrong with me, cause I love being alone and the last thing I want is anyone in my life. I think I have went to the other extreme but, I will tell you I am soo much happier. I got a cat cause I don't have kids lol.

You can do this, heck you are doing it, hang in there and keep posting.

Last edited by newby1961; 07-27-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: spelling what else lol