View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 01:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Newborn

Originally Posted by aidadeb View Post
I have been a fool to think the alcohol would make things better...it only makes them worse. But as you know, it does make the loneliness and emotional pain go away for a few hours. Alcohol has a way of fooling us, but it is time that I don't get fooled anymore. .

Very well said. You have already stated the actual problem. Alcohol does not change reality.It changes our perception of the reality and that too, for few hours. After those few hours,the reality ( loneliness in you case ) strike us hard and we want to drink more to change the reality that we are alone.In fact, we are more lonely while drinking, even when others are around.

I read in one of the book.. ALGOL creates more problem by making us forget about the actual problem there by giving imaginary solution to problem. The problem gets bigger . Hence , the actual solution is not to drink alcohol. The solution is to face the problem , the way it is and find ways to get rid of loneliness.

Alcohol itself is a problem and solution , too. Just don't drink even a drop of alcohol. That is the solution.