View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
aidadeb

Hi Josh, I want to really thank you for your support. I really had to stop and think about what you said about loneliness being a choice. You really hit a nerve in a good way. I shouldn't think I can get my happiness or sobriety from another. I have to learn how to deal with this. And you are correct that there are underlying issues for my loneliness and depression. I realize I need help and this site is the first step. I have been reading these posts nonstop for the last three days and have already come to some major realizations. I need to take charge of my life and find ways to stop the loneliness and depression...and not alcohol. I am going to stop drinking today...have appointments I must keep. I need to get involved in healthy non-drinking activities to keep me busy. You and all the others that have responded to my post have helped soooooo much. I can't thank you enough and I wish you the very best in your sobriety. Keep up the good work...hopefully I will be sober soon. Again THANKS!!!