View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chris4638

Suboxone Anxiety?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and hoping that this forum will be effective to help keep me sober. I was a user of Hydrocodone for about 2.5 years then it spiraled into percs and rox for the past year or so. I've tried to quit in the past but my will power was awful.

Recently, I went to a treatment center that deals with Suboxone. I started off with a 2mg strip in the morning and then another in the afternoon. I noticed that I would get really anxious, un-easy, sweaty hands, shallow breathing, etc. (In fact, I used to feel uneasy and anxious when the high was wearing off from the opiates). So after about 4-5 days, I stopped the Sub and went back to my usual things for a week or two. I decided that I really wanted to quit at this point. The last time I took anything was this past Sunday at 10:45am. I took a 10mg hydrocodone and it didn't do anything at all ( I had been using anywhere from 55mg-80mg a day).

I started back yesterday (Monday afternoon) at 3pm with a 4mg strip of Sub. I felt alright and had a little bit of tightness in my chest for a little while and then it went away. I didn't sleep at all last night. Today I took a 4mg strip at 10:30am. A little while later, I thought I was about to drive myself to the hospital. I felt like a zombie, shallow breathing, sweaty, shaking, etc. I called the treatment center and mentioned all of this and they said I would be fine, etc. I told them that I had .5mg of a xanax with me but they said not to take it for multiple reasons. After a long while, I finally started to feel a bit better but I still feel a bit uneasy (10 hours later). Does this happen to anyone else on Subs? I'm not planning on doing this for very long.

The doc also prescribed me Trazodone 50mg since I was having trouble sleeping. I have yet to take it because I am afraid of the interactions between both drugs and am afraid of not waking up in the morning. Am I over-reacting? I just want to feel normal again. I'm debating on not taking the Sub tomorrow to see how it goes. I would rather feel like crap than feel like I did earlier today. Is it ok to take the Trazodone tonight for sleep?? Thanks in advance for the replies. I look forward to taking an active roll on this website. I hear that these forums really help keep recovering addicts motivated to stay on the good path.

-Chris