Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
m1k3

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
...I would have it in the house if I wanted it in the house. It's my house too, and if her recovery is compromised over that and I'm being threatened with it as OP is, I am going to rebel. It's blackmail and controlling on her part, recovery or not.

Her disease is not my disease- it's hers. She has no right to dictate to me, whatsoever, what I can or "should do." If she wants to set a boundary and enforce it, more power to her. Otherwise, she needs to get her focus OFF of me and ONTO herself and her recovery where it belongs.

IMHO, she's f***ing jealous that he can have a beer and a smoke and she can't. Why? Because she can't control it and he can. He can go out have two or three drinks, have a smoke with the boys, and come home, fulfill his responsibilities, hold a job and friends, and live the life of a normie.

It's about one thing and one thing only, control and jealousy on her part.

Dude, do what you want to do because YOU want to do it-- whatever that is. If she has an issue with it than tough ****.

Cyranoak
Dude, I wanted to know how he felt about something other than a mind altering substance. I used diabetes because I am a type 2 diabetic. And I control it just through diet and exercise. I attend my grandkids birthday parties with all sorts of ice cream and cake and stuff and I simply don't eat it. What I was curious about was his attitude towards something he didn't feel so strongly about.

I agree it is her responsibility to not drink or smoke pot but I also believe that marriage is a partnership and each party makes accommodations for the other.

Take what you want and leave the rest.