View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sotrue

My Alcoholic Husband Filed for Divorce

Hi All,

I've lived with an AH for a number of years. I'm wondering if there might be anyone here who has experienced a similar situation: a divorce initiated by the person with the addiction.

This is the second time that my AH has filed for divorce. He has no legitimate grounds. If I were the one pursing ending the marriage it would be a different story of course; there are many legitimate grounds for dissolution that I could choose from.

My AH has some underlying issues which have yet to be officially diagnosed. He's experiencing depression (again) and his behavior is an unreliable indicator of his feelings. He's sugar one day and sour the next or sometimes both in the same day.

He says that he didn't want to do it. He says that if I had done what he wanted, there wouldn't be a divorce. He says that it has nothing to do with me. He says that he doesn't love me. He says that he cares about me. He says that he resents me. He'll put his arm around me and hug me and tearfully say he's sorry. He'll push me away at other times.

See what I mean? Is this the alcoholism at work or the depression?

Anyway, I really don't want to be divorced. I'd rather he got the help he needed and by doing so preserve our family. I don't feel he's hopeless or our marriage is hopeless. But in the case that it is hopeless, I am doing the best I can to be prepared for that by getting the support I need to survive it.