View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

Hi FM,

I, too, had horrid anxiety for several weeks. My worst was in the morning when I woke up after really not sleeping anyway all night. Mine was "pit of the stomach" anxiousness, hit the BR, and sweating, usually cold sweats. I had already been doing that same thing, only more intense, during my oxy use, because by the time morning hit, I was already in withdrawal until I could hit my next dose. I came to realize I was experiencing the toxic effects of the OX, and I decided it was quit or die.

In any event, after the first week, the anxiety was less, but still there. Crazy, racing thoughts accompanied it. And, yes, head pressure, not quite a headache, but an uncomfortable feeling I wanted to go away.

It took a few more weeks for that to pass. At 3 months I felt pretty good, but still lacked energy. Even now, at almost 6 months, my energy is still not 100%.

So, yes to the anxiety. Some docs will prescribe something for it, so I would talk to yours about this. It will dispel any worry you might have about something being wrong at the same time.

Keep up the good work, and congrats on your clean time. This really does get better.

Ft