View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SteppingItUp
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Examples of People: My spouse, Dad, Mom, Uncle Jack, Sister Jill, Mr. Smith, Mrs. Grand, Jessica, John, Chris, Jamie, etc.

Examples of Institutions: My bank, my school, the church, the phone company, credit card companies, the IRS, the court system, the government, the zoo, the store down the street, etc.

Examples of principles: Honesty (like, if I haven't quite gotten the swing of it yet, and being "too honest" has gotten me into trouble, made me embarrassed,etc.); Sycophancy; "Woman's work"; "No sex before marriage"; "An eye for an eye"; "Turn the other cheek," etc.

I believe that "fancied or real" applies across the board -- what matters is that the related resentment is real to me. If if is, it may have the power to actually kill.

If I have made the decision of the 3rd step, and I take my HP with me to the 4th step, I trust that he will show me what I need to see -- where I have been selfish, self-seeking, dishonest, my fears/hidden agnosticism, my old ideas, my misconduct, etc. In taking stock, I start to shine a light into the darkness. I can begin to become aware of what I have been carrying, what I have believed, how I have been showing up in the lives of others, perhaps how spiritually ill I have really been. I move forward, finally able to enter into the awareness of some very important things that will serve me well on the way to the spiritual experience/spiritual awakening to come.