View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Laurie, I think I understand your columns now. Your saying, that whole thing bill did on pg 65 (4th ed.), Im resentfull at...The cause....Affects My, is column one. Then on pg 67 when they talk about "The inventory was ours, not the other man's. When we saw our faults we listed them. We placed them before us in black and white" That's your second column.
No sweetie, the way my sponsors did nd I see it also these 30 years as the cause (column 2) is where we start to figure out that the cause was really ours not theirs. ie When we start out working on column two especially the first time, we are writing 'blame' to the other person, but as we continue we see where the faults were our own, whether it was our response, lack of response, how we responded, etc

At least after I did my Column 1. Then went back to the top of page 1 to start column 2, that is what happened for me and has for many others. Then when I went back to the tope of page 2 to start column 3, that was also an EYE OPENER as I began to write, because not only were 'what was affected in me coming out' on each name but so were my own defects of character.

However, all this is really just my experience and how it works for me and has for many I work with. I keep it simple. It sounds more complicated typing it out than it is actually just doing the step, lol

It is amazing to me how 'smoothly' my 4th steps have gone, by just writing not typing, a column at a time, a flow starts to happen, it all falls into place and a feeling of Peace and Serenity, even before completion started to happen the first time and every time since when 'more was revealed'.

Others will interpret and do as they see fit. I found for me it was great that my sponsor's sponsor had been one of the originals and this was how I was taught. So J M H O

Originally Posted by AA BB 1st, pg 64
In dealing with resentments, we set them on paper. We listed people, institutions or principles with whom we were angry.
I repeat that is not in Column 1. See what I just typed in this post.

Love and hugs,