View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DUNE

Thanks again everyone for the responces. I really apreciate your insight and exspirience on this and probably a lot more things that I will come up with.

I would like to clear up something though. I know some people have different ways of teaching or have been tought differently. But from what I have seen in the big book, the first column inludes People, institutions, and Principles that we have resentments against. The second column is the exsplination on why that person/thing made us angry (the cause). The third column is what basic instinct (self esteme, security, ambition, sex relations, or personal relations) was threatened. Big Book Pg 64, 65 4th ed.

I don't want to get cought up in the technical details of how exactly your supposed to graph and fill in. But I do feel that it is important to use this tool correctly to understand what character defects I have to work on, and how they negitively afect my life and the way I feel.

This is what I'm thinking so far.....Write down who/what I have resentments against (column 1), why (column 2), what basic instinct was threatened (column 3), then try to figure out what I did to contribute to the situation and write down what character defect caused this action (column 4). I got column 4 from what is said in BB pg 67 3rd par. After all that, work on ridding myself of those character defects, and pray for individuals that I have resentments against.

Please correct me if you think I am wrong or misinterpited anything from the BB.