View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

[QUOTEI nod my head in agreement with most everything you post, Laurie, but in the interest of not over complicating, I think you've thrown in some extra stuff.
][/QUOTE]

Not 'over complicating' at all Keith, it's straight from the BB. Nothing about principals in Column 1. Just listing the folks we can 'remember' that we are angry and/or resentful at.

Now Column 2, when one gets to the 'nitty gritty' is where we start to look at OURSELVES to see if those resentments are in fact our own fault (our own expectations or not) and how we/I could have behaved differently.

I see some mom slap her kid in the store (hmmm, seems the grocery store is a great place for me to have my principles threatened), and I get ticked.
Incidents like this are an immediate Step 10 for me to myself and immediately asking HP to 'protect' the child and 'help' the frustrated person to see.

We work on our 4th step alone, and share with our sponsor by doing the 5th Step and usually during that share is when the 'principals' start to appear which also helps us with that list of defects that we become entirely to have HP remove in Step 6 and then Humbly ask HP to remove in Step 7.

Nothing complicated at all. I was told and do believe to this day, that this is a very Simple program for very Complicated people. I don't believe in K.I.S.S ( despise the word 'stupic') but I do Keep It Simple.

J M H O

Love and hugs,