View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
keithj

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
Self righteousness?
Well, it wasn't a test question, but that answer applies pretty universally to my operating mode. It's a defect.

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
First of all, column 1 is not Principals. Column 1 is the people I am resentful at.
I nod my head in agreement with most everything you post, Laurie, but in the interest of not over complicating, I think you've thrown in some extra stuff.

Column 1 is people, institutions, or principles with which I'm angry. Simple as that. These are not the same as the spiritual principles that some clever person identified as pertaining to each Step.

I see some mom slap her kid in the store (hmmm, seems the grocery store is a great place for me to have my principles threatened), and I get ticked. Maybe I'm ticked at that person, but more often, the people and the particular things they've done to me are interchangeable and irrelevant. It's the principle that's threatened.

It's me playing God. It's me deciding how the world should be, and I sit in the Florida sunshine and moan when the world doesn't live up to my wonderful design plan. And then I remember, I don't work in management any more. I'm not in the design plan business. My job is act out my part in that design.

Whew, what a relief. That Grand Vision design stuff is exhausting.