View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ajangel

Originally Posted by doorinthefloor View Post
How could I be more energetic and awake when I'm drinking - it's a depressant. Why does it feel like it was rather the opposite?

Also, my problem was drinking heavily in my house on a nightly basis. Now, I can go out with friends and drink but then don't keep anything in the house. Is it OK to drink in moderation, or rarely heavily, if you don't slip back into old habits?
I quit drinking for 10 years. I always felt like I was missing out on something. Started going out once a month with friends. Thought I could manage that. Once I divorced, it became once every two weeks, once a week, 3 to 5 times a week. You get the picture. 5 years later and a trip to the hospital, I realized I had to quit. Back then, I suspected I may be an alcoholic but never really believed. I do now. I know I cannot take even a sip. I am on day 31 of sobriety. I feel better. I am tired some days but it is well worth it. I take vitamins, drink lots of coffee and just started a workout plan. It is a personal decision only you can make. Nothing is going to happen unless you are ready. I wish you good luck. Life looks a lot better when my glass is empty.