View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hibou

Hey there,
Not drinking definitely makes me more tired as well. But I wonder if -- as well as all the depletion to your body done by alcohol -- it is a mental exhaustion. All those years of running on borrowed energy: the preoccupation, lying and manipulation catching up. As well as the not-having-to pretend that you are 110% the next day to try and cover up the fact that you are dealing with a cracking hangover or still intoxicated from the night before. I am only on day 6 (again) but I can tell you , I don't miss the constant playing of catch up not just with others in my life, mostly with myself. I covered it up so well for years but in the past two it has become a vicious circle that I never want to go back to. And this past week while Ihave been home alone every night when my husband and children return to their new and hopefully temporary home and I feel lonely and miserable I have to keep telling myself this instead of taking what would be the easy, short term route -- going to get blasted. Keep your chin up Door. We can do this!