View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JoeCree

I never binged during college, etc... In fact never really drank much at all. Started to drink a ton when I quit smoking, to th epoint where I was drinking every day. Usually it would be only 3-4 glasses of wine everyday and more on weekends.

When I knew I had a problem was when I'd try to take a day off, and it was "difficult". Also, I maintained a high power of not going too far. In other words, I would only have 3-4 glasses a night, but if my wife or kids weren't around I could knock back a lot more.

When I quit, I found how amazing it was to simply live each day not worrying about when I could have my next glass, or have I had too much. Live is much simpler right now - things have vastly improved - yes I am still a little nervous for "missing out" on summer BBQs etc.... but I figure it is a small price to pay. Also, I have lots of frineds who do NOT believe that I had a drinking problem and for the life of them cannot understand why I am doing what I am doing. They think it is a phase and it drives me nuts.