Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TheReader

Tapering works for some and not for others. I have always tapered during my 20 year roller coaster with various opiates due reduce the w/d symptoms and it works for me. I had a much worse Vicodin addicition (taking 12 tabs of 10 mg each day for several years) about 7 years ago and tapered gradually over about 2 months. I still had some w/d after that last one pill, but not as bad as cold turkey. I relapsed a few years ago and changed my DOC to codeine, ordering on-line for a few years, and did the same thing with taper, but for a shorter period of time.

We cannot give medical advice, but I would not use any potentially addictive products during tapering or w/d - it just prolongs the agony and then you have something else to deal with. Hot baths, immodium, basic tylenol, fresh air and exercise are your best bets.

Good luck and keep posting and share your story and progress. It really helps in recovery. I wish I had found this site during my Vicodin days. We are all here to support each other and offer support.