Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fordman_mustang

What is the best way to get off Hydrocodone?

I haven’t been on this as much as most on here im sure, but a quick summary is im 28 and I had back surgery in January, i started getting prescribed vicodin ES back in June 2010 and was told to take it as needed and the DR. would fill the scrip as much as i needed at that point i was only taking about 2 pills a day, well until my surgery i was taking that 7.5 vic until January then after my surgery until now ive been taking 10 MG Norco and ive been taking about 2 pills every 4-5 hours and a valium on top of that.

Anyways my pain level at the moment is manageable but im withdrawing pretty bad from the hydro. I quit smoking a few years ago cold turkey and I think im really strong willed but i just want to know for sure if im better to taper down or quit cold turkey. Right now im actually down to about 2-3 pills a day but i do have a bit of withdrawal im fighting and im starting to take 4 half pills a day so a total of 2 total, now im wondering if this tapering is good or if i should just stop?

Also i still do get a lot of pain here and there and i have a bottle of ultram at home that im thinking about starting to take that once or twice a day to see if that gets rid of the pain it will help me not think about the hydro so much

basically the long and short is tapering off good or is cold turkey the only way to go?

Is ultram good to take for pain while trying to kick this hydro

thanks