View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
mez

Hello. I am new to this forum. I understand exactly what you are going through, because it sounds so much like my life. I have also divorced my husband. Have actually separated at least four times and am currently still with him it will be 16 years that we have been together. We have two boys. I have tried to be supportive & understanding ...I stood by him when he went to jail for domestic violence and went through the rap program. Once he completed the program the drinking started again. My heart sinks every time I see him drunk. I am currently not working and unable to because I have bipolor disorder & ptsd. So I have alot to deal with on a daily basis. I am so tired. I know his drinking problem is his problem to fix not mine...I have been working on loving detachment...but it is still hard to see someone you love destroying themselves and their family. We have amazing kids both kind compasionate honor roll kids who have never been in trouble . I am not perfect but I consider myself a good person, my husband has an amazing family I wish he could see that but the booze clouds all that. When he is sober he is a completely different person he is my best friend a loving father a compassionate. Person, when he drinks its. 360. I want this family to continue I just do know if it can because of his drinking and it tearing me apart. I don't want to take my home from my kids and quite frankly I can't afford to. I feel so lost.