View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

First of all sorry fo keep having late replies. And id say people think were paronoid freeks ha if they read all our weird paronoias'!!! Between cameras and christmas lights!!!

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
....stop trying to fight it or stuff it down
....allow myself to panic in public and be OK with it
They are two things that i agree is most definitely a key into beating it, if it will be beaten. Im glad you are trying to keep improving your situation, thats good. I was given good advice by someone, "why not do something once a day the produces anxiety?". I think i am going to begin doing this as it cant do me any harm (only anxiety wise ha! but better in the long run for anxiety)

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
If I could give you one piece of advice it would be to stay away from alcohol. You might not be a full on alcoholic, but who cares? It definitely effects anxiety levels, and that's all you really need to know.
I agree i need to stay away from alcohol. On friday night (wasnt on drugs) but i went a bit psycho. I was drinking spirits which i gave up awhile ago due to blackouts, but on friday becoz i wasnt doing drugs i wanted to get hammered so drank spirits and not only did i do some crazy thing, i discovered i was turning into my mother (a physical & emotional abusive alcoholic). I brought that concern up with my addiction counsellor today and it is an area i will be working on. I dont want to give up drink (who does?!!) but i know at some point it is something i have to do for myself (anxiety and anger). It will help me when i chose to give it up, but it scares me. Scares me due to the lack of social life i will have. Coz i dont have much of a social life anyway. But none of my friends will ever understand the effects alcohol has on me so screw them...

Take Care