Old 08-07-2004, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
confused&inlove
Paused

I have Just been told my husband is a Heroin addict...

I am very new to this and very lost and confused.. I love my husband so very much. I realize that only HE can choose or not choose wheather or not to use anymor ebut in the mean time I feel that I am losing control over my life.
I went back to my home town in AZ for a week with my daughter, who is still there thank GOD, but when I returned home my husband picked me up and advised me that we needed to talk. He refused to tell me anymore until we reached our house this is when he told me he loved me and knew that he was loosing me and he did not waht that and that this is why he was telling me.....He was addicted to HEROIN. He was hoping to be off before I returned home and that he has been weening himself off since I left and now is down to only 2 shots aday..
That was foru days ago and he has not had anymore for the last three days I know this because I have been with him every minute of the time. He hasn't even when to the bathroom without the door being left open.
He says that he wants to get off and stay off. I love him with every part of my heart soul and being, but I am not sure how much more of this I cann with stand. He is now very foul mouthed and everything is either in his way or not close enough. i don't even know where to start looking for a group to help me through any of this. All of my family and friends live 1700 miles away in AZ we are in WA state. We have been here for a year and I still don;t know much of the area due to all I have ever done is go to work and come home. My husband is retired due to a back injury he sustained from work. He is home all day or at least I thought he was. What and where do I go from here?????? I want so bad to just get through this with my marriage and life both intact. :06: