View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
the question I really want the answer to is 'how do I get out of here?'
Oh no, dont get me wrong, i agree 110% and i think if you can get a counsellor/theripst thats thinks this way too, thats great!

I think that exposure to a situation desensitizes you after a while, so if you can stick it out for the first bit you'll be better off.
Oh yeah, it defintely does. The longer you are anxious in a situation, the lesser it becomes.
However, i hate to say that because i have erythrophobia, my anxiety levels are constantly highering and lowering. I will get mini panic attacks everytime a speaker makes eye contact with me, if somebody beside make speaks, if something is said that i am uncomfortable with etc etc etc...
So for me personally it will never go. Plus if i have a blushing attack i will be more anxious going to that same place again and the level of anxiety only gets higher and higher everytime i have a blushing attack (erythrophobia, its kinda difficult to explain).

I was taking either 0.25 or 0.5 mg (can't remember) morning and night.
The xanax for me, i would never need to take it alone. It would only be if i was going somewhere with people.

It doesn't allow for much spontaneity in life if you have to plan everything around taking a pill.
I couldnt agree with you more, however without 'the pill' there is no spontaineily for me. I know that there are many people (and i think i will be one of them) who never beat anxiety disorders, so if taking a pill allows me to live some kind of life then i sad to say it maybe my only option (i really hope not and i will take every route available to me).

I've been sober around 3 1/2 weeks now. That's the longest I've gone without a drink in about 5 years. I know it will get better - it already has.
That is great, i mean it! I hope some day i will be able to say the same thing!!
If you dont mind me asking, what made you ant to stop drinking? Were you physically addicted? Psycholocially addicted/dependant? Or were you medicating the anxiety with it?? Or simply want to give it up?

Hope you are having a nice weekend...