View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
I've actually avoided certain restaurants because the owner was described in reviews as friendly and chatty.
Ha i had to giggle a little at that, but i completely understand the logic behind it. I would do the same thing after reading that repot! It awful to have to feel like this. Avoid things we would actully enjoy. Because there is no enjoyment in anxiety, its not an option for people like us.
I'm aware of the fact that it's a bit creepy to talk to someone with a totally blank expression
Have you ever tried practising in the morror. Some people, even without anxiety, look at different expressions and learn them off. It may sound silly but you should give it a go. I know when i walking down the road, i feel like my face i 'stuck'. I feel i look like im either depressed or angry!
This applies to people who dont have anxiety disorders too. I know my friend and i were disgussing this same topic recently. She is a confident person and she says she doesnt know what face to pull so she always has a chewing gum. I tried her idea, i was very effective but now i feel like my eyes look funny!!!
I'm sending the message 'I don't want to be having this conversation right now and I want to get away from you.' I cannot tell you how guilty that makes me feel.
You do not have to tell me because i already know! I have the smallest of chit-chat, and then i say "right, sure ill let you go" and thats that. I wouldnt worry about what they think about you or the conversation (however little) you had. The main thing is, you stopped and said hello.
I have taken the steps to get help with this - although my doctor doesn't seem all that interested.
If you dont think your doc is intrested i suggest you ake him interested or else its time to take your buisness else where!!
I took matters into my own hands and found a private therapist. She's great, but I can only afford to see her twice a month.
Have you looked up low cost counselling. I know where i live there is low-cost. Also for children, full time students, pensioners and unemployed there is more a reduced rate. So places you only throw them what you can afford. I have a friend going every week to somebody and she only throws her a 10er. Check it out if you want to see somebody more frequently.
Are you in therapy?
Well, i have been in therapy 3 times, with no joy unfortunatly. I have come to my own conclusion that i need to get off drugs. So at present i am in addiction counselling (and its free). I have been on any anti-depressants but none of them helped the anxiety. I am being refered to a Psychairtrist soon thought to discuss medication options. Xanax at the moment i am taking twice a week (roughly). I dont like to have to take it but i allows me to do things, such as volunteering. I want to go back to college. I have applied but im afraid i will become dependant on Xanax. I will just have to not allow that to happen.

Best Wishes