View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bel14

Hi Dug....failedtaper is 100% correct. Your doc needs to know that you are running out before time. If he is a true addiction doctor, he will understand why and will help you with this. If you are taking more than prescribed, it is because you are still having cravings...the sub is supposed to stop the cravings...you may not be on a high enough dosage. The key to Sub working on the cravings is to have the dosage high enough to STOP them.
I had that problem and had to go up to 3 tabs/daily (plus I was using it for secondary pain relief). After 3 years, I am finally done with the cravings (hallelujah) and am ready to start the taper down.
Please understand that it is ok to still crave on Sub...but as my doctor explained to me, if you are craving, the Sub dosage needs to be adjusted.

Your kids and your life are worth this. Get completely honest with yourself, your doc and admit you're still craving to him. If he's a good doc, he will help. And yes, NA meetings are a good thing for you too...you need some support of people who understand.