View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cat123

Family meeting while AH in rehab

The family counselor at AH rehab asked if I would come in for us 3 to sit down and talk. I agreed. However, I have big reservations about this mainly because I do not know what to expect. I feel like I am supposed to put on a supportive tone and not bring up anything that serious regarding our marriage, since he is so new to recovery he barely has a handle on anything and maybe those talks are for later, as if I say something I could sabotage what could potentially be a very good thing. Which on the face of it I kind of call BS on myself because his recovery should be based on what I do or do not do...and if there is ever a better place to get bad news it would be with many counselor people around.
But part of me just wants to be like hey, I think you have been mentally abusive since we married and you need to address that issue, (and sobriety) prior to having any real meaningful relationship conversation.

Sorry that probably does not make a ton of sense, but I am just nervous about the upcoming meeting and of course when he gets out. I would love to hope away that it was all because he drank so much, but I just don't think that would be based in reality. And I am leaning towards a bottom line of: if you don't take responsibility for these times as being abusive and working to correct your maladaptive behavior I don't care if you are sober or not.