View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tjhook

Getting off suboxone CAN be done...

Just wanted to share a quick success story. I have been on the subs for a long time, and finally made the jump from 1mg 11 days ago. Well, I won't lie...days 4-9 sucked. I had little energy, no appetite, severe depression and the normal chills, headache...so forth.

However, yesterday I got out and played catch with my nephew, hit the gym, and drank tons of water....I felt like I was getting over the "hump". I got almost no sleep last night, but so far this morning I feel pretty good...almost "normal". The entire time I had 5 films of suboxone in my kitchen, but didn't take anything. I don't recommend that, but for me I wanted to mentally test myself and prove I could do it without cracking.

I am not completely out of the woods, but today I feel much better, and know I will not be going back.

I still have a lot of problems, but physically....this CAN be done. Anyone out there who is stuck on this stuff......if I can do it, YOU can too. Just make up your mind and except the fact that you will feel like garbage for a while. But that is a small price to pay for your freedom.

One more thing.....don't take the suboxone horror stories you read on the internet to heart. People exaggerate by nature, so keep that in mind.

Good luck and if anyone wants to PM me for support, feel free.

TJhook