Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
agn259

Also Amerce, I think the nasty remarks EVERY drunk makes about us are only their way of trying to make you feel as miserable as they are inside.I know once I realized my father needs help and brought up to him about how he needs to change he would start in on me I'm a "stupid bitch like your mother who brainwashed you". He just loves to try and get that one up on me because he knows he's a ****** person. I learned a long time ago to block out the drunken nonsense talk, any word that comes out of an alchohlics mouth when they're drunk needs to be swept aside as nonsense its like speaking to an angry 3 year old. I think your doing the right thing cutting ties, it is hard and you will feel a lot of guilt sometimes, but you are only responsible for your well being. We had no choice as kids and that's sad, but we can choose to make our life better now and if it comes to the point of cutting somebody out then its only because they don't deserve to be there. It feels good knowing I'm not the only one who struggles with this, there are very few close friends of mine who get it, most don't. But you only truly get it if you've dealt with an alchoholic parent. I'm glad I found this place