View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
danielleg

Originally Posted by 5brats View Post
I have been sober for 106 days. My husband doesn't drink at all and never has. We have been married for 20 years most of which I was a pretty heavy drinker. About 5 years ago it started getting really bad to the point that by the time I quit I was drinking up a fifth of Jim Beam daily!! I just quit one day cold turkey, didn't make any kind of big thing out of it just quit. Ok so here I am thinking my husband going to be so proud of me happy about the money not being wasted on booze, no more putting up with my drunken rants and so on you get the picture. Instead just the opposite. I think he loved me as a drunk or maybe I just didn't realize how this guy treats me like **** and talks down to me ALL of the time. I have been sober for three months and I am ready to end a twenty year marriage. Or I guess I could start drinking again and save our relationship ( jk ). Has anybody else experienced anything like this?? I thought my life was supposed to get better when I got sober!?!???

I went through that. I thought I was going this big welcome home. I was certain everyone was just as ecstatic about me not drinking as I was. Boy
I was wrong. Ill stick to my hubby than all of it….my therapist to me not to make any huge plans, commitments or give up anything until your 1 yr, simply bc I woul’nt be ready till then. So I waited…still things are complex and complicated, but we made It so far. Im not throwing in the towel yet…weve gotten through a lot of our messes…and Ill keep moving forward and continue w/ the hard work for sobriety .The answers and solution will come if u pray about it.